Prof. Dr. Ralph Michael KRUPKE
Helmholtz University, Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany, EU
Electronic and Optical Properties of Molecular Nanostructures, science and applications of carbon nanotubes and graphene
Research group leader at the Institute of Nanotechnology at the Karlsruher Institut of Technology (KIT) and Professor for Molecular Nanostructures at the Materials Science Department at the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TUD), Darmstadt, Germany, EU.
He received his Diploma in Physics (in 1995) from theUniversity Karlsruhe (Germany, EU) and his PhD-degree in Physics from the University of Tel Aviv (Israel). In the period 2000-2004 he was a research associate at the Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe (FZK) and from 2005-2010 a Young-Investigator-group leader at FZK/KIT.
At the NANOCON 2013 conference Ralph Krupke will present a key-note lecture at the Session A - Preparation
and Properties of Nanostrutures.
- Awarded "Excellent young researcher" by the Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe (2004)
- Erwin-Schrödinger-Preis 2004 laureate awarded together with F. Hennrich, M. Mayor and H. Weber, Helmholtz-University-Young-Investigator-Group (2005)
- M. Lukas, V. Meded, A. Vijayaraghavan, L. Song, P. M. Ajayan, K. Fink, W. Wenzel, R. Krupke, Catalytic subsurface etching of nanoscale channels in graphite, Nature Communications 4, 1379 (2013)
- M. Engel, M. Steiner, A. Lombardo, A.C. Ferrari, H.v. Löhneysen, P. Avouris, R. Krupke, Light–matter interaction in a microcavity-controlled graphene transistor, Nature Communications 3, 906 (2012)
- M. Steiner, M. Engel, Y.-M. Lin, Y. Wu, K. Jenkins, D. B. Farmer, J. J. Humes, N. L. Yoder, J.-W. T. Seo, A. A. Green, M. C. Hersam, R. Krupke, P. Avouris, High-frequency performance of scaled carbon nanotube array field-effect transistors, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 053123 (2012)
- M.H.P. Pfeiffer, N. Stürzl, C.W. Marquardt, M. Engel, S. Dehm, F. Hennrich, M.M. Kappes, U. Lemmer, R. Krupke, Electroluminescence from chirality-sorted (9,7)-semiconducting carbon nanotube devices, Optics Express 19, A1184 (2011)
- C.W. Marquardt, S. Grunder, A. Blaszczyk, S. Dehm, F. Hennrich, H.v. Löhneysen, M. Mayor, R. Krupke, Electroluminescence from a single nanotube-molecule-nanotube junction, Nature Nanotechnology 5, 863 (2010)