Prof. Dr. Peter SCHAAF, Ph.D.
Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany, EU
Full Professor at the Technical University Ilmenau, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Institute of Materials Engineering and Institute of Micro- and Nanotechnologies, Chair Materials for Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Ilmenau, Germany, EU
At the NANOCON 2013 conference Peter Schaaf will present a key-note lecture
at the Session A - Preparation and Properties of Nanostructures.
Diploma: 1988, Univ. Saarland, Applied Physics; Ph.D.: 1991, Univ. Saarland, Materials Science, Prof. Dr. U. Gonser; Habilitation: 1999, Univ. Göttingen, II. Physikalisches Institut; Full Professor: 2008, TU Ilmenau.
- 12/91-08/92 Research Assistant, Univ. Saarland, Materials Science
- 09/92-03/07 PostDoc, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Univ. Göttingen
- 03/98-10/98 Guest Professor, Technion, Dept. Materials Eng., Haifa, Israel
- 10/07-04/08 Heisenberg Fellow of the German Research Foundation (DFG) at Univ. of Göttingen
- since 04/08 Full Professor at TU Ilmenau
- since 05/08 Director of the Institute for Materials Engineering, TU Ilmenau
- since 07/08 Scientific Director of the Thin Film and Materials Testing Centre at TU Ilmenau (branch of the state agency for materials testing - MFPA)
- 2010-2013 IUVSTA – Vice chair for the Surface Engineering Division (SED)
- since 10/12 Member of the Executive Board of the Institute of Micro- and Nanotechnologies MacroNano®, TU Ilmenau
- since 10/12 Director of the expert committee “Materials for Energy Technologies” of the German Society for Materials Science (DGM)
MRS – Materials Research Society (USA), IUVSTA – International Union for Vacuum Science, Technique and Applications, DGM – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Materialkunde (German Society for Materials Science), VDI – Verein Deutscher Ingenieure (Association of German Engineers), DPG – Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (German Physical Society), DGzfP – German Society for non-destructive testing, DVG – German Society for Vacuum, GMM – German Society for Microelectronics and Microsystems, various working groups in materials
Editor of Applied Surface Science (Elsevier), Reviewer for many international, Reviewer for the German Research Foundation (DFG), Reviewer for the European Commission, Reviewer for various national and international funding agencies.
- Editor/Author of several books; Author of several reviews and book chapters
- Author of more than 190 entries in Web of Science (H-factor: 25);
- Web of Science ResearcherID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-4934-2009
- ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Peter_Schaaf/