Prof. RNDr. Vladimír ŠEPELÁK, DrSc.
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, EU
Position: leading scientist at the Institute of Nanotechnology, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, EU & Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kosice, Slovakia, EU
Specialization: solid state chemistry and physics, mechanochemistry
At the NANOCON conference (thematic session A) prof. Sepelak will deliver the invited lecture called Mechanochemical
Reactions and Syntheses of Oxides.
His research interests include solid state chemistry, mechanochemistry, solid state physics, nanomagnetism, correlations between the local structure and functional behaviour of nanocrystalline solids, and spectroscopy of nonequilibrium phases.
Education & career:
He received his Diploma in Solid State Physics (1986) from P. J. Šafárik University in Košice (Slovakia), his PhD degree in Solid State Chemistry (1995) from Russian Academy of Sciences in Novosibirsk (Russia), and his Habilitation in Materials Science (2002) from Technical University of Košice. He was an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at Braunschweig University of Technology (Germany) and acted as a Mercator Professor of the German Research Foundation (DFG) at Leibniz University Hannover (Germany).
- V. Šepelák, A. Düvel, M. Wilkening, K.-D. Becker, P. Heitjans, Mechanochemical reactions and syntheses of oxides. Chemical Society Reviews (2013), DOI: 10.1039/c2cs35462d.
- V. Šepelák, S. Bégin-Colin, G. Le Caër, Transformations in oxides induced by high-energy ball-milling. Dalton Transactions41 (2012) pp. 11927–11948.
- V. Šepelák, S. M. Becker, I. Bergmann, S. Indris, M. Scheuermann, A. Feldhoff, C. Kübel, M. Bruns. N. Stürzl, A. S. Ulrich, M Ghafari, H. Hahn, C. P. Grey, K. D. Becker, P. Heitjans, Nonequilibrium structure of Zn2SnO4 spinel nanoparticles. Journal of Materials Chemistry 22 (2012) pp. 3117–3126.
- V. Šepelák, M. Myndyk, M. Fabián, K. L. Da Silva, A. Feldhoff, D. Menzel, M. Ghafari, H. Hahn, P. Heitjans, K. D. Becker, Mechanosynthesis of nanocrystalline fayalite, Fe2SiO4. Chemical Communications48 (2012) pp. 11121–11123.
- V. Šepelák, I. Bergmann, S. Indris, A. Feldhoff, H. Hahn, K. D. Becker, C. P. Grey, P. Heitjans, High-resolution 27Al MAS NMR spectroscopic studies of the response of spinel aluminates to mechanical action. Journal of Materials Chemistry 21 (2011) pp. 8332–8337.
- V. Šepelák, K. D. Becker, I. Bergmann, S. Suzuki, S. Indris, A. Feldhoff, P. Heitjans, C. P. Grey, A one-step mechanochemical route to core-shell Ca2SnO4 nanoparticles followed by 119Sn MAS NMR and 119Sn Mössbauer spectroscopy. Chemistry of Materials 21 (2009) pp. 2518–2424.
- V. Šepelák, I. Bergmann, A. Feldhoff, P. Heitjans, F. Krumeich, D. Menzel, F. J. Litterst, S. J. Campbell, K. D. Becker, Nanocrystalline nickel ferrite, NiFe2O4: mechanosynthesis, nonequilibrium cation distribution, canted spin arrangement, and magnetic behaviour. Journal of Physical Chemistry C111 (2007) pp. 5026–5033.